Logged in as Guest,
Guest,
Last release: .300    Next: .400 (unknown)    Main | Register | Login

The Golden Coin

Chat

Color Legend: [Moderator] [Member] [Guest]

(122 members registered)

Poll

Do you like the brand new homepage 3.0 ???
Total of answers: 97

Search

Report a bug here v0.300 BETA - Page 3 - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search ]
Forum » The Golden Coin » Bug Reports » Report a bug here v0.300 BETA
Report a bug here v0.300 BETA
DamianDJDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 15:09 | Message # 41
TGC Master Contributor
Group: Game developer
Awards: 3
there is still chance Ka-ching, that the game will be published one day smile So I will obviosuly remember your work!!! hihi!!!

Head developer and producer - damian bernardi

--- http://www.thegoldencoin.do.am ---

Ka-chingDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 15:18 | Message # 42
TGC Master Contributor
Group: Tester
Awards: 4
Quote (polobow)
Ka-ching, how about you look for mostly dialogue bugs, i'll look for some bugs other then langauge. For example i had a quest where a thing didn't work.. I'll no-clip to that quest again later.

Sounds good, I guess this is where all my schooling finally comes in handy. tongue

DJ I've noticed something pretty major, like when you're talking to someone, and you get Experience points for saying the right thing, you can always leave and just talk to the person again, for some automatic Xp points. That's a pretty big problem in my opinion, I leveled up just by talking to Kevin over and over...

Added (01/06/2010, 15:18)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (DamianDJ)
here is still chance Ka-ching, that the game will be published one day smile So I will obviosuly remember your work!!! hihi!!!

sound great biggrin

Tester of The Golden Coin, a free RPG game.

DamianDJDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 18:26 | Message # 43
TGC Master Contributor
Quote (Ka-ching)
DJ I've noticed something pretty major, like when you're talking to someone, and you get Experience points for saying the right thing, you can always leave and just talk to the person again, for some automatic Xp points. That's a pretty big problem in my opinion, I leveled up just by talking to Kevin over and over...

hmm, I think that this thing isn't possible, I was very careful about it......you can always answer the question, but you will only earn exp the first time, or isn't it??? Where exacly sorry?

Ka-chingDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 19:13 | Message # 44
TGC Master Contributor
Like when talking to Kevin, after giving him the apple to eat, you ask him some questions, and the one question give you 2 Xp points, and then you can go back and ask him again, I've done it several times now so I know it's possible, also I did the same thing for Olgric as well....

Added (01/06/2010, 19:13)
Maybe you've fixed it on your system after you released Beta #1. I've just now tested it again to be absolutely sure, and yes, it still does it, I can still ask the question an endless number of times for more and more Xp points....

Message edited by Ka-ching - Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 19:14

polobowDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 20:25 | Message # 45
TGC Pro Contributor
Awards: 2
Confirmed by me too. You can level up just by talking.

Also, you keep gaining karmal. Ofcourse if you choose the right actions. but it can be repeated and repeated, just like the xp.

DamianDJDate: Tuesday, 01/06/2010, 22:57 | Message # 46
TGC Master Contributor
ok, thanks for that report!!! Uff... biggrin

DamianDJDate: Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 10:36 | Message # 47
TGC Master Contributor
@Ka-ching, you can report the english bugs with more information. I know where you find just by searching in the file with the text editor. So you will take minor effort.

All your bugs has been fixed !!!

One more thing, do you like more the dialogues? I think it's nice to have for some dialogues karma effect, and exp increase, even only 1 exp or 2 ;-)

After v0.300 i will work on a little story update, add books with story content and better dialogues with other NPC's, such as guards and a fisherman....For the quest that I want to make with the fisherman I need the fishing system =)

Ka-chingDate: Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 15:05 | Message # 48
TGC Master Contributor
Quote (DamianDJ)
@Ka-ching, you can report the english bugs with more information.
hmm... I'm not sure what you mean by this. You mean, saying EXACTLY where the bug is and such? Or just reporting longer lists?

Quote (DamianDJ)
I know where you find just by searching in the file with the text editor. So you will take minor effort.
Wow, that should speed up the process of reporting language bugs! I 'think' I can find the right file... It sure beats what I was doing before, which was just playing the game. biggrin
Quote (DamianDJ)
All your bugs has been fixed !!!
Great! smile
Quote (DamianDJ)
One more thing, do you like more the dialogues? I think it's nice to have for some dialogues karma effect, and exp increase, even only 1 exp or 2 ;-)
Yeah, I like the dialogues, they're not the best dialogues I've ever read, but I still think they're pretty good.. And I also like the karma effects and exp increases (as long as you can't keep asking the same question to cheat tongue ). I think I remember when talking to the elf in a shop, that my trading skill went up a bit. If that's true, then I also like that! I think you're doing a great job! biggrin

Quote (DamianDJ)
After v0.300 i will work on a little story update, add books with story content and better dialogues with other NPC's, such as guards and a fisherman....For the quest that I want to make with the fisherman I need the fishing system =)
Sounds great!! I mean it REALLY sounds great! smile Now you got me all excited! snap

DamianDJDate: Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 15:29 | Message # 49
TGC Master Contributor
Quote (DamianDJ)
@Ka-ching, you can report the english bugs with more information. I know where you find just by searching in the file with the text editor. So you will take minor effort.

Uf, I've done such an error...I was meaning that you can report bugs with minor information.

just:
what: You are nice
should be: you are good
smile

Ka-chingDate: Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 16:22 | Message # 50
TGC Master Contributor
Quote (DamianDJ)
Uf, I've done such an error...I was meaning that you can report bugs with minor information.

just:
what: You are nice
should be: you are good

Oh ok. biggrin (I know I tend to over informate sometimes tongue )

I think I may check for mistakes in the dialogs by using a text editor, I think that may be quicker than playing the game.

EDIT - Ok, ok, I'll just play the game. biggrin

Message edited by Ka-ching - Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 17:10

DamianDJDate: Wednesday, 02/06/2010, 16:29 | Message # 51
TGC Master Contributor
Ehm, it's bet if you play the game because you can find also other kind of bugs (example: the increasing experience bug that you have found)

Ka-chingDate: Thursday, 03/06/2010, 05:18 | Message # 52
TGC Master Contributor
Ok, I played the game an wrote out some language bugs, I think I've gone through Kevin's entire dialog (not sure though...)here the are. A rather long list this time. cool

What: "I'm sorry for you. But I must find an exit from this place as fast as possible. - (Leave)"
Should Be: "Well the answer is no! I'm going to find an exit from this place as fast as possible. - (Leave)" (since it is for bad 'karma' I don't see why you have to have 'sorry' there, and I put a bit attitude in as well. wink )

What: "So, do you found something to eat? I'm very hungry!"
Should Be: "So, have you found something for me to eat? I'm very hungry!"

What: "I'm sorry, I don't. - (Leave)"
Should Be: "I'm sorry, but no, I haven't. - (Leave)"

What: "Yes I've found this piece of cheese! Take it! (Give raw meat)"
Should Be: "Yes I've found this piece of cheese! Take it! (Give cheese)" (...unless it's actually raw meat disguised as cheese... ^_^)

What: "I've only found this eaten apple. - (Leave)"
Should Be: "The only thing I've found, is what's left of this apple. - (Leave)"

What: "One moment, I want the 10 copper coins that you have promise to me."
Should Be: "Hold on, I want those 10 copper coins you promised me."

What: "Here they are, but I have only 5 copper coins to give to you."
Should Be: "Fine... here they are, but I only have 5 copper coins to give you."

What: "I said a lie, because I was very hungry, you must understand my intentions."
Should Be: "I lied, but only because I was very hungry. Please, you must understand my intentions."

What: "Give me my the 10 copper coins that you have promise! "
Should Be: "Give me the 10 copper coins! I know you must have them!"

What: "Ok, I've understood. At your place I would have probably done the same thing. (Leave)"
Should Be: "Ok, I understand. At your place, I probably would have done the same thing. (Leave)"

What: "Ok, you won stranger......here they are, your 10 copper coins!"
Should Be: "Ok, you win! Here they are, your 10 copper coins!"

What: "Thanks mate, one more time."
Should Be: "Thanks again mate."

What: "Fortunatly you came across to me and you brought me some food."
Should Be: "Fortunately, you came across me, and brought me some food."

What: "Please, you must find out who made this, who brought us here."
Should Be: "Please, you must find out who did this... who brought us here!"

What: "Ok, I would like to make another question. - (Back)"
Should Be: "Ok, I would like to ask another question. - (Back)"

What: "Damn, I'm the little orc kevin!!!!!!"
Should Be: "Argh! I'm the little orc Kevin!!!" (mostly because I don't like swearing in my games (just me) and because it seems a bit to, umm... 'spicy' if that's the right word...)

What: "Ah, ok. ... ... ... I'm sorry for this question - (Back)"
Should Be: "Ah, ok... sorry for asking. - (Back)"

There are some language bugs I found...

Also, there are two wine bottles in the barrels (where the cheese 'used' to be) and when you collect and click on them (in your inventory now) nothing happens... now for this other wine bottle I found, if I click on it, it gives me the option to drink it, but for the two in the barrels... no such option. Not really looking for these types of bugs... but something I noticed, I also noticed a few others, but you probably know about those....

Message edited by Ka-ching - Thursday, 03/06/2010, 05:21

DamianDJDate: Thursday, 03/06/2010, 12:24 | Message # 53
TGC Master Contributor
great Ka-ching!!! I've started to work on!!!

DamianDJDate: Thursday, 03/06/2010, 14:09 | Message # 54
TGC Master Contributor
The two wines are different from the others because they are a part of an unfinished quest ;-) find the supplies for the shopkeeper, or something similar....

much thanks again for your report!! All bugs have been fixed!!! Continue so surprised I think for the beta#1 we are finished!!! Thanks!!!! On 7th june I will release v0.300 and there will be other bugs, because I will add
those days some other dialogues and quests if I can.....the content is a little bit small...

Ka-chingDate: Thursday, 03/06/2010, 14:38 | Message # 55
TGC Master Contributor
Ok I've also now taken a look at Olgric's dialogs. I only got up to where he repeats himself (I know you're not finished with him yet). Here's the report....

What: "What!!?? What the hell is going on? This is our secret place. I've seen that you came out from that cross! Who are you!?""
Should Be: "What!? I don't believe it! What's going on? This is our secret place! I see you've come out from that cross. Who are you!?""

What: "Well you name is PLAYERNAME......Why to you came out from that cross?"
Should Be: "Ok, so your name is PLAYERNAME... Why and how did you come out of that cross?"

What: "There is a secret passage to a deep dungeon."
Should Be: "I came out of a secret passage that leads to a deep dungeon."

What: "And what do are you doing inside the dungeon?"
Should Be: "And what were you doing inside this... dungeon?"

What: "So, you have seen an orc named Kevin. I don't have the idea who you and he are, but I feel that you are saying the truth. It seems that you found the exit from a sort of prison. But do you really saw lava inside of the dungeon?" (After telling him the true story)
Should Be: "So, you have seen an orc named Kevin. I don't know who you two are, but it seems to be the truth. From what I can tell, you've found an exit from a sort of prison. And did you really see lava inside the dungeon?"

What: "Yes it's the truth."
Should Be: "Yes, I did. It's all true."

What: "Hmmm, your story is not that convinsing. I will bring you out from our secret place."
Should Be: "Hmmm, your story is not very convincing. I think you're lying!" (He says 'I will bring you out from our secret place' but he doesn't really do anything, so I cut that out.)

What: "(Tell him your sorry and the real story)"
Should Be: "(Tell him you're sorry and then tell him the real story)"

What: "(Leave place)" (After telling him the fake story...)
Should Be: "(Leave)" (I cut out the 'place' as you don't really go anywhere...)

What: "I like your honesty human. I don't have the idea who you and Kevin are, but I feel now that you are saying the truth. It seems that you found the exit from a sort of prison. But do you really saw lava inside of the dungeon?" (After telling him the fake story... it's a bit different...)
Should Be: "That sounds better, it seems you're telling the truth now. I really don't know who this Kevin is, but from what I can tell, you've found an exit from a sort of prison. And did you really see lava inside the dungeon?"

What: "What is this kind of place?"
Should Be: "What is this place?"

What: This is a little refuge for us orcs. After that we lose the war of The Golden Coin, there aren't a lot of us around anymore. They expel us from the main town, Anadea and most of the orcs went to the northern mountains, but we don't want to leave this place, we were born here in the stepps of Arnaria. This is a tomb, the tomb of my father. Yes, he was the last orc to be major of Anadea, killed by your race. The humans.
Should Be: This is a little refuge for us orcs. You see, after we lost the war of The Golden Coin, there aren't a lot of us orcs around anymore. They threw us out of the main town, Anadea. Most of the orcs went to the northern mountains, but we don't want to leave this place. We were born here, in the steppes of Arnaria. The place we're in, is a tomb, the tomb of my father. He was the last orc to be major of Anadea, and was killed by your race. The humans.

What: "Your story is very sad. I want to know more about."
Should Be: "That's very sad, please, tell me more."

Should I continue looking for bugs and language mistakes? Or should I just wait until the next version of v0.300 comes out?

DamianDJDate: Thursday, 03/06/2010, 14:43 | Message # 56
TGC Master Contributor
thanks Ka-ching !!! You have done a great work!!! Much thanks!!! You can wait for v0.300 to be released!!!

Ka-chingDate: Wednesday, 09/06/2010, 15:11 | Message # 57
TGC Master Contributor
Thanks, now I can finally take a break. biggrin

hehe

Added (09/06/2010, 15:11)
Ok, should I go bug hunting in the v0.300 one? I'm not sure because it sounds as if v0.400 will replace most all of v0.300 anyway.

DamianDJDate: Wednesday, 09/06/2010, 20:03 | Message # 58
TGC Master Contributor
There is no need Ka-ching.....I think I don't will bring a patch for v0.300 cry

Ka-chingDate: Wednesday, 09/06/2010, 23:07 | Message # 59
TGC Master Contributor
Oh ok, I guess we have to wait until v0.400 then.

I might be able to help with v0.400 or something, I'm trying to get better at making 3d objects right now (trying to get a bottle right now, not very good at it tongue ), and if you need something else just say something.

It might be handy to have a 'To Do' list for whatever you'd like done for v0.400 (within reason of course tongue ). That way I (and whoever else that wants to I guess) might be able to find something on there, finish it, and wa la!

Message edited by Ka-ching - Wednesday, 09/06/2010, 23:41

DamianDJDate: Thursday, 10/06/2010, 01:56 | Message # 60
TGC Master Contributor
Ok, would be nice....I will set up a "To Do" list in the contributor part....Just give me one night to think about it biggrin

Forum » The Golden Coin » Bug Reports » Report a bug here v0.300 BETA
Search:

Copyright © DamianDJ 2024     Version: 4.0 BETA